Saturday, October 24, 2009

I do, I do, I do believe in fairies!




The twins are 9, and I can't believe it! Last weekend we had a Tinkerbell extravaganza, complete with fairy tag, lots of glitter and tiaras, and yours truly as the resident fairy godmother. Living at 6,000 feet above sea level (and, I'm convinced, the fact that my non-American cake pans were in league with the devil) served to make my layered castle cake less than I hoped for, but the kids didn't seem to mind. We are so thankful to Kiana for passing down her leftover Tinkerbell birthday goodies that were shipped from America so that we could join in on the fairy fun!
We filled the take-home goodie bags with candy, stickers and lots of pink, glittery things....This wasn't exactly Whitney's idea of the perfect party, seeing as she is not the "girliest" of girls, but we've told her that she can have her type of party (her dream theme is "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe") next year when we are in America for their special day :)





No comments:

Post a Comment